Please read these SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK (“Contest”) rules (“Rules”) in their entirety before entering the contest. Do not enter the Contest unless you agree to these Contest Rules. Participation in the Contest constitutes unconditional agreement and acceptance of these Contest Rules which are final on all matters relating to the Contest. By entering this Contest, you agree to be bound by the decisions of the Contest Judges which are final and binding in all respects. The Contest is sponsored by Staples Canada ULC (the “Sponsor”) and administered by an agent of Staples Canada ULC, Stingray Group Inc. (the “Administrator”).
The Contest commences 2020-10-12 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and closes 2023-10-31 at 11:00 p.m. ET (the "Contest Period”).
1. The Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province/territory of residence on or before the start of the Contest Period. Employees, agents or representatives of the Sponsor or its Administrator, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries and dealers, advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of prizes, materials or services related to this Contest, as well as immediate family members of, or those domiciled with, any of the foregoing, are not eligible to enter this Contest. "Immediate family" is defined as parents, siblings, children and spouse
2. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
During the Contest Period, entrants can enter the Contest by: (a) Via text message: text the qualifying word found on the Staples Canada Poster at the Staples Location to the number provided on the Staples Canada Poster; or(b) Clicking on the link: found on the Staples email or purchase receipt; and (c) Complete all of the questions in survey via text message, or online. These questions will be sent by text message or email. .
Limit of 1 entry per person during the Contest Period, regardless of cell phone numbers email address used or method of entry. If it is discovered that you have entered more than once, only your first entry will be included in the Contest draw
3. There is is one (1) prize available to be won each calendar month during the Contest Period (the “Prize”) to be won. The Prize consists of:
12 $1,000 Staples Gift Cards
Each winner will be selected by random draw by an authorized Sponsor representative or representatives (“Contest Judges”). The Prize must be accepted as described in these Contest Rules and may not be substituted for another prize or exchanged in whole or in part. The refusal by an entrant to accept a Prize, or part of the Prize, releases and forever discharges the Sponsor and its agents of all obligations related to the prize, including delivery. The Prize may not be sold or transferred and are not convertible to cash.
In the event that, for reasons beyond their control and not related to the winners, the Sponsor is unable to award a Prize as described in these Contest Rules, they will substitute a prize, in whole or in part, of similar nature and equal or greater value at their sole discretion.
Limit of 1 Prize per person.
4. Odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received by the end of the Contest Period.
5. Prize winners will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries on the 3rd business day of the following month at 4:00 p.m. ET
6. Attempts will be made to contact selected entrants by email or cell phone within 48 hours of the applicable draw date. If a selected entrant does not respond after 2 attempts within 5 consecutive days of the first attempt made to contact the selected entrant, their entry will be disqualified and the selected entrant will not win any prize and another entrant will be selected. This process will continue until such time as a winner is declared or there are no remaining eligible entries to select from.
7. Online entries must be made by the original, manual keystrokes of the individual entrant. Use of mechanical assistance, form filling software or robotic assistance is prohibited. Proof of transmission of an entry does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt by Sponsor. Only 1entrant’s name may appear on the entry form. In the event of dispute regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address provided in their entry or quote. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address
8. To be declared a winner and claim a Prize, the selected entrant for the Prize must:
a) be reached by cell phone or email by the Contest Judges within the time prescribed above;
b) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical assistance of any kind within the time frame as indicated by the Contest Judges during a telephone conversation with the selected entrant;
c) be eligible according to these Contest Rules;
d) sign a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release Form (“Release”) that will be sent by courier to the selected entrant and return it, duly completed, to the Contest Judges by the date specified on the Release; and
e) be otherwise in compliance with these Contest Rules.
The Release requires a selected entrant to (i) confirm, except where prohibited by law, acceptance of the Prize as awarded, eligibility to participate in this Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules, and (ii) release the Sponsor, their respective parent, affiliates and subsidiary companies, divisions, dealers, their advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of prizes, materials or services related to this Contest, and the Contest Judges, and all of their respective employees, directors, officers, shareholders, agents, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from any liability and damages which could arise out of or in any way related to the Contest and from the awarding, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of the Prize. It also provides consent to the use of the winners’ name, city or province/territory and/or photograph, without further compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Sponsor and/or its advertising and promotional agencies relative to this Contest.
9. Failure to comply with any of the above conditions or otherwise with these Contest Rules, will result in the disqualification of the selected entrant and he/she will not receive any prize. In this event, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, a new random draw to award the Prize may be conducted from the remaining valid entries received in accordance with the Contest Rules until such time as a winner is declared or until there are no remaining eligible entries to select from. If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more potential winners of the Prize than contemplated in the Contest Rules, there will be a random draw from amongst all eligible prize claimants at the end of the Contest Period to award the Prize.
10. Upon receipt of the completed Release, and verification that the prize winner is eligible and in compliance with these Contest Rules, the Sponsor will notify the prize winner within 5 days of receipt of the completed Release the manner in which the prize winner will have to take possession of their prize. The Sponsor reserves the right to determine how the presentation of the Prize will occur and this may be either a media event, by mail, by email, by telephone or in person.
11. By entering this Contest, each winner authorizes the Sponsor and its representatives to use, in any related publicity, their name, photograph, image, or likeness, any statements they may make regarding the prize, their place of residence (city and province/territory only) and/or their voice for advertising purposes worldwide in perpetuity and in any form of media including the Internet, without any form of further compensation.
12. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned to entrants at any time. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants, except with the selected entrants.
13. By entering this Contest, selected entrants authorize the Sponsor and its representatives to contact them directly using contact information provided in their Contest entry.
14. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest and these Contest Rules will be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ontario. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be governed by the laws of Ontario, and except as provided in Rule 16 below, shall be adjudicated in the applicable court in Toronto, Ontario.
15. Entries are subject to verification by the Contest Judges. The Released Parties (as defined in Rule 7) are not liable for (i) late, lost, delayed, not received, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, stolen, fraudulent or illegible entries (all of which entries shall be automatically void and not eligible for a prize); (ii) failure to receive entries due to transmission failures, busy signals, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, servers, access providers, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or recipient; or (iii) any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or other property, related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest and breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer "hackers". The Sponsor reserves the right, subject to the jurisdiction of the Régie des alcools, des courses et jeux in the Province of Quebec, to void any entry and/or cancel or modify the Contest in whole or in part (without notice to entrants individually) for any reason including if, in its sole discretion, it determines that for any reason (such as tampering or infection by computer virus or any other cause beyond its control) the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or fraud, technical failures, human, printing or distribution errors, or any other causes or occurrences have compromised the administration, safety, fairness or integrity of the Contest. The Contest Rules are subject to change at the discretion of the Sponsor, subject to the jurisdiction of the Régie des alcools, des courses et jeux in the Province of Quebec, without notice to entrants individually. Any person entering this Contest or trying to do so by any means which go against the intention of these Contest Rules (example: computer hacking, fraudulent use of one or several access codes or obtaining such access codes through fraudulent means, etc.) will be automatically disqualified and the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law - including criminal prosecution.
16. By entering this Contest, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Contest Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and the Contest Judges, which are final, binding and conclusive on all matters related to this Contest.
17. For residents of Québec only: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. For all other participants, any litigation must be initiated in the City of Toronto, in Ontario, Canada.
18. In the event of any conflict with any Contest details contained in these Contest Rules and Contest details contained in any form of promotional materials or media (Contest Materials), the details of the Contest set forth in these Contest Rules shall prevail.
19. In the event of any discrepancies between the English language Contest Rules and the non-English language Contest Rules, the English Contest Rules shall prevail.
20. The public may obtain the names of the Contest winner by emailing Staples Canada ULC , 6 Staples Avenue, Richmond Hill, Ontario L4B 4W3 until 2021-11-30.
Copyright © 2020 Staples Canada ULC. All rights reserved